FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, after verification of model and firmware of MICROCAMERA® you can add optics by asking our Sales Department for more information.
No, optics of magnification have a fixed focus set during the production phase.
The periodic maintenance/calibration of the advice is not obligatory but it is recommended at least once a year.
The warrant for companies lasts 1 year instead; the warrant for the private-sector lasts 2 years as required by EC standards.
You can find them on the screen on the top-left of the informatio board or on the label behind the device.
The firmware version installed on MICROCAMERA® is on the screen, on the top-left of the information board.
To clean the MICROCAMERA® screen it’s possible to use a microfiber cloth. If the dirty persists, it is recommended to use a product for LCD screens.
Since the optics’ surfaces are used by contact to skin and hair, it is advisable to sanitize optics after each use with a not aggressive product and a soft cloth.
Any warning message appearing on the screen does not precldue the operativity of MICROCAMERA®. Just make a short click to activate its normal funcionality.
During the ignition phase on the screen of MICROCAMERA® the following warnings could appear:
- Save data. “Save periodically your data recorded on SD Card. This operation avoid the possible lost of data in case of failure of the storage device.”
What to do? This is just a memo (it appears every 3 months) to remind to save periodically the images.
- Clean the optical sensor of the probe. “By using the cleaning kit, clean up gently the optical sensor of the probe as indicated in the handbook. A regular sensor cleaning ensures a better image quality and a correct functioning of mesures”.
What to do? This is just a memo (it appears every 3 months) to remind to clean the optical sensor of the probe.
- Periodic maintenance. “After one year of using, we suggest making a maintenance in lab to ensure a correct device calibration. Contact our technical assistance service to plan your maintenance as soon as possible.” What to do? This is just an advice (it appears about after a year from the purchasing date and then every months) to ensure a correct device use. .Contact the assistance here.
- The device must be calibrated. “As required by standards (ISO 13485) every 12 months the device must be calibrated by production company. Contact the technical assistance service.
What to do? This advice appears on MICROCAMERA® with a previous firmware version of 6.03.00.
This is just an advice (it appears about after a year from the purchasing date and then every months) to ensure a correct device use. Contact the assistance here
- Clock battery exhausted. “For the replacement contact our technical assistance service”.
What to do? For the battery replacement Contact the assistance here (This message appears when the battery is exhausted or when it is removed and reinserted in its accomodation. In this last case it is not necessary a replacement but it’s needed to set the time from the menu).
- Use the Slide Show to promote your products/services. “This device is provided with an effective function of Slide Show that you can easily customize. Update periodically your slides to promote your products/services”.
What to do? This is an advice to promote your services otimally (it appears every3 months)
- Hydration sensor failure (OT-4540). “The hydration sensor number xxxxxxxx does not work correctly. The failure probably is due to a loss of isolation within the contact surface and the skin. The most probable cause is the abrasion or cracking of surface due to rubbing or mechanical shock. Mesures are not reliables and it’s necessary to contact the repair service”.
What to do? In this case it’s necessary to contact the technical assistance for the replacement. Contact the assistance here
If you see some black spots on the screen that remain fixed even though the image movement, it’s necessary to clean the probe sensor. Sensor cleaning must be done by using the woolly stick included in delivery after optic removal.
The “SLIDE SHOW” function allows to show a sequence of images saved on the SD Card in digital form in rotation on the screen. This function is useful to inform your customers about your available services and treatments.
The directories SLIDE and MC are normally present on the SD Card. The directory SLIDE is for the SLIDE SHOW function. In this directory there are the images that will be shown on the screen for 10 seconds each.
Files are named:
Images are read in a progressive numeric sequence from file SLD-0000.TIF to the others in increasing order. At the first missing number, the Show starts again from the beginning.
Ex: a show of 22 slides will be composed of files from SLD-0000.TIF to SLD-0000.TIF.
The maximum number of images permitted is 9.999.
The Slide Show starts with a fixed slide that contains the brand and followed by the other slides set out in the SLIDE directory. Each slide is visible for about 10 seconds and within a slide and the next the screen become black for a very short while. This effect of instantaneous variation of luminance is useful to draw the observers attention. If in the SLIDE directory just one image is present ( SLD-0000.TIF file) this slide will remain visible permanently till the end of the SLIDE SHOW. Images must be saved in the following format:
Format: TIFF bitmap
Colour Mode: RGB (24 bit)
Dimension: 1366 x 768 pixel
Note: letters composing the files and directory names on the SD Card must be all capital letters. Slides with a different format from that one indicated will not be shown. The images normally are created by a software of vector graphics (CorelDRAW, Adobe Illustrator, GIMP3, ecc…). When a software of pictorical graphics is used (PhotoShop, ecc…) it is suggested to create an empty image with the indicated dimensions (1366 x 768) in which slide contents will be copied. This to avoid the typical distortion of images that usually happens when you try to adapt an existing image to the indicated format.
No. To print your images you should:
- Save the images on the SD Card
- Download the images from the SD Card to a PC or MAC
- Print the images from the selected device
Yes, but it must be formatted FAT32
To save your images on the SD Card, you must select the menu entry [Images Memory]. Then, in the images line, you must select the image you want to save through a short Click. Once you chose the image, select the menu entry [Save as MC000123.tif]. At the bottom of the information board you will see the saving progress through a load bar.
Lock images and storage
This function is available in association with all the optics of magnification. The function, also known as “Freeze Frame”, allows you to lock an image on the screen at any time.
If the image is stuck more than a fixed time, it will be stored for a while in a line that can contain a maximum of 5 images.
To lock an image make a [Click] keeping the probe in place with a steady hand.
To turn back to the direct view make a new [Click].
The storage of images is temporary. Each time you remove the power supply to the instruments, the images you saved will be lost. To the ignition, the line of images will be empty.
Stored Images Visualisation
When almost one image is in line: by selecting the menu entry [Images Memory], you will see the first image in line sorrounded with a white square. By making a [Click] you can switch to the next image (if any) and so on in rotation. To turn back to the direct view: select the menu entry [MICROCAMERA®].
Deletion of Images
In the phase of images visualisation there is the menu entry [Delete Images]. By selecting this voice all the images in line will be deleted and it’s back to the direct vision.
MICROCAMERA® has not a start botton, you just need to connect the power supply of MICROCAMERA® to an electrical source.